The Sound Body Sound Mind (SBSM) Fitness Centers’ mission is to increase the fitness of Denver Public Schools’ students and employees to enhance health for a quality life.
Join a SBSM DPS Fitness Center at one of the following locations near you!
SBSM Fitness Centers are open at each school site after the school day for students and DPS employees The following high schools have a fitness center: Abraham Lincoln, Bruce Randolph School, Denver Center for International Studies, George Washington, John F Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr Early College, North High School and West High School.
Membership fees are $40 for DPS employees per semester. Students are FREE!
A degreed/nationally certified personal trainer will assist you with your fitness goals at each fitness center.
How to Get Started!
- Step 1—Meet the Sound Body Sound Mind (SBSM) personal trainer at the fitness center of your choice.
- Step 2—Complete the Pre-Participation Screening Questionnaire (English)/Cuestionario previo a la participacion (Español) to determine appropriate level of physical activity.
- Step 3—Sign the waiver and return it to your trainer.
- Step 4—Pay membership fee.
- Step 5—Receive your membership card.
- Step 6—The personal trainer will help determine appropriate fitness goals.
- Step 7—The personal trainer provides an orientation to the exercise equipment.
- Step 8—Start your exercise adventure!
Completing a Pre-Participation Screening Questionnaire may be all you need to start your fitness program.
Health Promotion to Students and Staff
The district’s SBSM Fitness Centers directly support the health goals in the DPS Health Agenda 2015—specifically, staff wellness, student physical education, and health promotion.